Finally, the wait is over; Apple has released iOS 11.1 to the public after rolling out multiple betas of iOS 11.1. Still, Apple is working on 11.2, that contains the Sirikit for Homepod and bug fixes regarding Calculator animation issues. Apple has included over 70 new emojis along with some minor updates.
What has been included in the iOS 11.1 Update?
- Added 70 New Emojis like mythical creatures, wizards, fairies, mermaids, vampires also have some activities like rock climbing and curling. New clothing element will also be added for winter like gloves scarf etc. Some emojis has also redesigned such as the bee. People are installing new iOS so they can send new emojis and don’t wanna left behind when it comes to emojis
- This update has brought back the 3D Multitasking Gesture to open up the app switcher by pressing down on the left side of the screen.
- Most importantly this update might have been added is under the hood battery fix. A channel of Youtube namely iDeviceHelp Posted a video regarding the battery improvement for iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone 8 Plus.
What Bugs have been solved in iOS 11.1?
- This update has resolved an issue regarding photos that were appearing blur.
- An issue has been addressed that can cause Live photo effect to playback slowly.
- Another issue that has solved regarding photos that do not display on the photo album when restoring from iCloud Backup.
- The issue regarding swiping between screenshot could also have an impact on performance is solved.
- An update has made braille support better for Grade 2 input.
- VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs has improved.
- VoiceOver rotor actions that announce incoming notifications has improved.
- An issue that has been faced by some user where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing is solved.
- The update has also improved by adding back support for retrieving the app switcher by pressing on the edge of the display with 3D Touch.
- Solved an issue that causes the cleared mail notification reappear on the lock screen.
- The Update has Solved issue regarding 3rd party GPS accessories that cause incorrectness in location data.
- Solved issue where the icons of the app did not appear in the notification on Apple Watch.